Thursday 17 December 2009

UK 2.0: UWE Graduation Ceremony

On the 13th of November, a very wet and windy afternoon (with gale force wind to follow), we had our graduation ceremony in the Bristol Cathedral, a site of worship that was a millennium old. The fact that the ceremony, a conclusion of another chapter in my life was held in 'my Father's House' made it all the more meaningful for me.

The ceremony was swift and over in less than 2 hours and many faces whom I've not seen since our classes ended dispersed all too soon. It was a real joy to see them again and a thank you to all who made my 20 months in UK so special. All the best, dear friends.

And to my beloved tutors, I would love to be able to contribute back to another generation as you have made a difference in ours.

And above all, a big thank you to my parents who made all these possible in the very first place. This is a real gift and may the path I take from here on bless your hearts.

And so ends this adventure while a new one begins.

With recent news on the incredible amount of over-stayer and the possibility or being even harder to enter UK in the future, I will always treasure this. I certainly wish to see many of you again, especially at a time when we will have much good news and stories to share with each other.

If I may use Naria as an analogy, my 20 months there would be 'The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe', just perhaps minus the witch and all the chapters of the book, save for the last, which is the golden age of Narnia. Things has gone very well, and I can say with confidence that I have done what I can and made the most of that opportunity. I have no regrets if I will not return, though I would dearly love to. Now, I have made my 'Prince Caspian' trip. If I will return on Aslan's leave to that enchanted land will largely depends on which of the Friends or Pevensies I am. For now, my purpose is in another land and place. But always and forever, Bristol (and to an extend, UK as a whole) will always have a special place in my heart.

God bless you, everyone whom I have had the good fortune to cross path with, and made a mark in my tale - God bless you all!

Thanks, Vivian for the pictures! :)

No comments: