Thursday 31 December 2009

UK 2.0: Flight: Dubai - London - Pt2

Having just being impressed by the work of man. Planet Earth gave her rebuttal. Awe was the word to describe the experience. It was like having the adrenaline rush of being hit by a rocket freshly launch from the pad. Let my inadequate words be few. Behold for yourself the grandeur of creation!

See the white pinnacles rising through the clouds in the distance. This was so out of the familiar Earth that I know, I would believe you if you tell me I'm on another planet now.

I am not sure if these impressive snow caped peaks and unbroken mountain chains were from Iran, but I'm inclinded to believe so, having recalled seeing Tabrīz on the 'Airshow' sometime. As the chain grew gentler, lines appeared. I could not tell if this was a river or a road. The latter was definitely a road.

We passed through more shorelines, probably the Black Sea and veered near Istanbul. The Black Sea would be the last major body of water we would see until we have crossed all of continental Europe.

More major cities would pass under us.

David Attenborough narrated in the 'Seasonal Forest' episode of BBC's acclaimed Planet Earth series of how the leafs' autumn transfiguration was visible from even from space. This bronze groove testified to his claims.

Once we hit continental Europe, clouds began to roll in. The white woolen carpet stretched like an unbroken blanket over the whole Europe.

Clouds will be the main theme of Pt3.

No comments: