Sunday 27 December 2009

UK 2.0: Flight: Bristol - Prague

In January 2009, along with my flatmates, we had planned a trip to Central Europe to catch the snow. Bristol is not known for heavy snow, if it snowed at all. However, that week made an exception of this rule. Snow found us and closed the airport, suspended our flight and trapped us in a delightfully different Bristol.

23 Nov 2009 was the day I make good on my promise to visit those places, with the exception of Budapest, which I have yet to go. We took off in the infamous English rain (we were not in this plane).

Breaking through the clouds, I saw blue sky after spending 5 days in the wet gloom. We made a turn and headed east.

I have been wondering what was the white band slashing diagonally through the frame. It wasn't a reflection from within the cabin, that much I am willing to vouch for, nor does it has anything to do with my lens since I can see them with my eyes.

I waited for the occasional breaks in the white carpets to see the land from above.

We passed through this island as well. Any geographical affectionados or geniuses can tell me where is this, please? It should be about midway between Bristol and Prague.

Above more woolly clouds we soar until this city.

I think we were above Czech Republic at that point.

A loner cloud drifted past.

More Czech from above,

Till our descent over the city of Prague, beholding the River Vltava winding its way across the landscape.

I saw this flying baby as we set foot on the contentent, after almost 2 weeks in the Bristish Isles.

The UNESCO World Heritage Site was only a short taxi ride away.

No comments: