Wednesday 20 February 2008

Wintertides

Let's begin this entry with an early morning spectacle - the gulls lining up on the river bank. I suppose this is their regimented roll call before the day.

Timeless blue - these are taken at the big green field outside the Filton Community Center, the place where DestinyUK is held each Sunday. Many people, ranging from teenage soccer players, old men walking their dogs to young family with children roam the field week after week. It is also common to see flocks of gull congregating here, dotting the emerald sea with white.

This is what I saw on my way to campus today - After all the perfect sunshines, azure skies and summer green grass, finally a scene that befits winter!

Not an inch of grass as far as I can see is not blanketed with white.

A close-up - reminds me of the frost-like icing on a cake.

A country road through the winter woods.

This is the very same farmhouse I posted earlier, now under a much different atmosphere.

I will end here with how the cityscape look when the (not necessarily unpleasant) gloom of winter looms.

2 comments:

ariel said...

I am in love with the picture of the grass with the snow...its amazing, looks like shaved coconut!!! haha. Bristol looks very interesting....

Unknown said...

hi there!
i really liked the photos you've put up...especially the frosted fields...reminds me of winter frost on the Isle of Skye...