Monday 18 February 2008

Sunday Counting Time

These are amazing days.

Yesterday's quiet time, randomly brings the verse Ephesians 4:1-6, Elder Ang's Thanksgiving admonition for 2007.
Today's service, during the offering message which touch on the point of God's provision, Mark 10:46 is mentioned.
Mark 10:46 talks about Blind Bartimaeus Receives His Sight, and is actually the very first sermon I've heard, in the very first YC Youth Camp, the Extreme camp that I went, and on the very first night I become a child of God.
The message for today by Pastor Mike Radcliffe is 'Make Time Count', the very first post of this very blog. Reflecting back to the very first sentence of the very first post here 'Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year' by Ralph Waldo Emerson.
And it has been a while since I have it in my heart to compile a list of verses particularly on the issue of Time. But here it is given today!

I'll put the compilation of verses and quotes I manage to catch here,

Psalms 90:12
Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

Psalms 139:16
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

We are meant to be here
for a reason, not a season;
to thrive, not just to survive;
to live a destiny, not just to make a living.

Psalms 39:4-5
"Show me, O LORD, my life's end
and the number of my days;
let me know how fleeting is my life.

You have made my days a mere handbreadth;
the span of my years is as nothing before you.
Each man's life is but a breath.

This is not a warm up for life, this is Life

Psalms 37: 25
I was young and now I am old,
yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken
or their children begging bread.

You can't maximize potential if you minimize time.

Ecclesiastes 3:1
A Time for Everything:
There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven

Ephesians 5:15-17
Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise,
making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.
Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is.

Proverbs 9:11
For through me (wisdom) your days will be many,
and years will be added to your life.

Ecclesiastes 7:10
Do not say, "Why were the old days better than these?"
For it is not wise to ask such questions.

Lamentations 3:23
(God's love and compassion) They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

Psalms 23:6
Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

Tough days don't last, but tough people do.

Psalms 118:24
This is the day the LORD has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Hebrews 3:13
But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so
that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness.

No time like today.
The best is yet to come.

These amazing days, unmistakably, he is speaking and it feels like He is drawing me somewhere.
It feels like a call to return to the First Love.
It feels like standing before Jordan once again.
So many times, He leads me there.
I can only wait for Him to part the water and lead me through to where there are giants to slay and milk and honey to savor.

At first I did consider if I should name this post Sunday Blue.
Somehow, I think for someone like me I'd long to just forge ahead. To take time to go to church on Sunday is very damaging to the momentum.
It feels like taking the pains to accelerate and stopping abruptly on Sunday, almost wasting all the efforts of building it up.
It takes away all the comfortable illusions and false sense of security that I've ever gradually accumulated throughout the week.
It reminds me how small, weak and helpless I am in the Grand Scheme of Things apart from Him.

But deeper down.
It is wise to stop regularly and to take a look at where I'm heading.
Am I traveling the road he marks for me before time? Am I walking the way I'm made to walk?
It is blessedness to realize where I've failed to live up to my destiny, when God is using whispers rather than bricks.
It is of paramount importance to make little corrections frequently enough to avoid catastrophe.

Now, if only the Lord will bless me with a long enough and 'unselective' enough a memory to remember these all the days of my life.

Here's a link to the podcast of the message (should be up in 2 days' time)
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=151963783&s=143444
A link to Destiny UK
http://www.destinyuk.com/

No comments: