Sunday 4 April 2010

Hyderabad: Shilparamam - Night

This was our last visit to the place with the sole purpose of buying gifts. It was a Saturday night. However, there weren't as many people as our first visit.

The lights at night lent a brilliance to the already colorful wares.

By the puppet stand, a boy sat on the ground playing with a dog. I wanted a picture of their interaction. But the dog forsake the boy and took to following me instead.

Julian 'adopted' a dog along the way.

I have noticed that the stray dogs in Hyderabad were all very docile and timid. Almost all the time, they have their tails between their legs. When their sleep, they curled up into tight donuts. I can only suspect what atrocities had been committed to these canines. During my second Shilparamam visit, some teenagers were gleefully throwing rocks at a resting dog who were not even in their way. Maybe it is only within the shadows of caste and hierarchy that I can understand why.

1 comment:

shashankG said...

after reading this page,I feel like you are a member of "people for animal" society...

Hyderabad Classifieds