Monday 28 July 2008

Bristol Summer Time

I find the clouds in UK quite different from Malaysia. Here are some fluffy ones that I quite like, seen in Filton on my way to church. It feels remotely like the Sky Pillar.

On the familiar track to Bower Ashton, I saw some delicious looking apples growing by the road side and swaying gently in the breeze. I wonder if Snow White fell by one of these.

A flock of aviators I have not seen before gliding above the murky Avon River. After seeing how disgusting sea gulls can be when trying to devour a smaller bird, I'm not surprised if the birds are in fact reacting to the gulls overhead.

Summer in Ashton Court looks eerily like Cyrodiil (for those who are familiar to the Elder Scroll Series). You can imagine an Oblivion Gate opening in the distant, with deep low rumble in the air.

Here are some trees in Ashton Court. All things green should be at their zenith now.

Having said that, some exception remains. This field of gold looks decidedly more autumn than summer.

Another interesting plant that seems 'out of season' is the very same one that I took back in previous seasons located in Brandon Hill. Back when other trees were bare, it was nearly the first to flower. But so far, its leaf remains red and I suspect that it might turn green later or not at all. You can see the very same branches back in late February and early February respectively, note the dramatic differences.

Brandon Hill was also one of the easiest place to spot the lightning fast and elusive squirrels. It might take bribes of nuts to even get it to stay still enough for a picture.

"Bristol ever cease to amaze me,' as an Erasmus friend put it. I concur as I see these right outside Arnolfini's bar on the same day as the Mad For Real.

Looks like the compact eyes of an insect to me. I wonder what it looks like when all the lights are on. Can the driver on the opposite lane even see anything at all?

The summer sun and the winter rain or the summer rain and winter sun, both are beautiful in their ways.

No comments: