Wednesday 4 November 2009

Exhibition: UWE Degree Show 2009

This is another super long overdue entry.

Our graduation degree show was held back in mid June.
Private view on 19 June 18.00-21.00
Open view from Saturday 20 June to Thursday 25 June.

Here are some photographs I took wandering Bower Ashton's corridor during my final days as an undergrad there. As I did not trot along with my camera on most days, I only have a few pictures of the many interesting work on exhibit.

From the Drawing and Applied Arts

Part of an intricate jumble on a caravan with a stuffed fox next to it.

Chair with hair.

A band depicting scenes in Bristol. The suspension bridge can be clearly seen, twice here.

A paper engineered house

A series of cute yet disturbing acanines by Sarah Elizabeth Malton (an apology as I didn't manage to note down the names of the other artists). Despite the surreality of these these white life-size creature, I find them quite emotive. They felt to me so fragile and non-threatening yet off-putting at once.

An overview from one of the corners of the Illustration exhibition.

And finally a few more our very own Animation department.
Besides 2 other screening rooms and a corridor on the 4th floor, we have this waiting space we named 'the New Retro Lounge' (the 'old' Retro Lounge' being our tutor's staff room in the old building before we move last fall).

A big thanks to Dom Pitt, for completing the room with his family's pinball machine, themed with 'the Creature from the Black Lagoon'. (Simon and Theo on the couch.)

The old records that end up as very destructive Frisbee by the end of the exhibition.

The 'Full Cast' poster, featuring everyone's final film character that I did with markers on Amrit's board.

And our Degree Show, 'Reanimated' poster, drawn by Des, colored by me.

The 'Guest Wall', adorned with quite a few lewd things to less.

I manage to put a life size mounted Bear head on one of the boards as well.

For the stop-motion filmmakers, there is an exhibition cabinet for them.
This is the dragon from Mandy's epic.

The cyclist from Maria's charming film.

Sophie's child.

Mark's village.

and Ed's elephant.

I also manage to smuggle my paper toys inside. However, someone had arranged my Bear's body the wrong way round. 'That' was suppose to be his tail and not his '...' Anyway, it just reaffirmed his masculinity I suppose.

And a farewell to the familiar staircase on which I have skipped and ran and pranced about countless of times.

A sunset over the Ashton Court to conclude a very fun and enriching season of my life.

See you soon!

No comments: